I had been praying for a change in job for many years. I was insistent that any job offer I got should come from God, I would give my resume to any job I came across but I asked that he show me clearly or choose one for me without a doubt, if I was to believe that it is He who has provided it. When my office shifted far from home I was uncomfortable not so much with the distance I had to travel but rather with the time it would take me. I asked Jesus to get me out of this problem, I felt that the time could be used for something better. I told him however as I was submitted to his will I would accept this change and adjust to the extra time spent travelling.
Over the last two years I had been praying that I should be able to clear all my loans and be free from the need to pay someone else every month. To be able to do this I had to decide to make some changes in my lifestyle. I had to give up some things that meant a lot to me and I committed to doing this. I sold my camera and other related things of the hobby I loved as a first step in showing my commitment to listening to the voice of God. I however had to take a loan for my daughters wedding. I accepted that my initial dream of being loan free by the beginning of 2018 was not going to happen as I planned, I would just have to wait a few years longer.
It’s been almost 10 years since I started working at this company and 9 years of working shifts. mostly what was called the graveyard shift, I did not get that dream job I prayed for. I looked forward to the job that would help me clear my loans. At times I would ask myself what was happening why was God not answering my prayer. I just kept surrendering to him telling myself to accept Gods will in my life. I had no idea what his plan was I just had to accept it as it was.
Finally, on the 25th of October 2017 I was relieved from my services at the company I worked for. No new job, no change in my financial state, I took the change well though, I knew as it was God’s plan and since I was resolved to accepting his plan in my life I had to accept this and look forward to the future.
Some days after I lost my job, something struck me, I realized that God answers prayers. I realize that God has a plan for me and it was a plan for my good. I realize I may never see my life as God sees it but I will surely try.
- I prayed for time with my family, I was home during the day the last few years of my wife’s life. God gave me the time with her we had asked for, during the years she was confined to her bed, I got the opportunity to ask her to say Hi to Jesus for me I’m sure she did.
- I prayed for a change in Job. I lost my job. God answered my prayer I no longer have the job I longed to change.
- I prayed that I would be able to clear my loans by 2017, God provided a severance package that made this possible.
- I prayed that I needn’t have to spend so many hours travelling. I now don’t have to travel at all.
- I prayed to Jesus that I get a shift that allowed me to get a good sleep, I now sleep by 11 and get up at 6.
- I prayed to be able to walk in his will. He has answered that I now have to wait on him for direction.
God Answers Prayers…….
I just have to see life through his eyes.